DSB | End of Week Wrap Up | 18th of December
Dear Consumer Data Right participants and other interested parties,
Happy Friday all, here is the end of the week update for the Consumer Data Standards.
The CX Working group has now released the first iteration of the new CX Guidelines. This version contains all existing CX Standards plus revised guidelines and wireframes for the authentication flow.
CX artefacts will continue to be updated until all existing CX artefacts have been ported over from the previous PDF format. These revisions will occur in conjunction with any proposed CDR Rules changes being made.
The web-based CX artefacts can be found on our new CX Standards and Guidelines repository, which includes:
- A CX Checklist with a complete database of items referenced in the CX Guidelines, including relevant rules, data standards (CX and technical), and privacy safeguards; also available as a downloadable file.
- A CX Metrics page, which covers how the CX Working Group measures consent quality, comprehension, characteristics, and other research-related information.
- A new CX Guideline format, featuring embedded wireframes, prototypes, and open source assets (see example: Authentication)
The second report from the Consumer Policy Research Centre (CPRC) covers views and experiences of consumer advocates and the community sector to identify where the standards and guidelines might be augmented to facilitate joint account data sharing that is safe and inclusive for all consumers. This engagement will inform future iterations of the standards and guidelines. The report can be accessed here.
Service Provider Directory
This week was the launch of the Service Provider Directory for the community and Service Providers to take advantage of. You can find the first iteration of the Directory here: https://cdr-support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/900001108143-Service-Provider-Directory
We invite all Service Providers who are interested in listing to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of your organisation
- Logo of your organisation
- What service(s) you provide
- URL to your website
- Description of your organisation
Please note this is feature has been formulated on feedback from the Community and the Advisory Committees, it is a first iteration and a tool we want to build with everyone’s input. We seek the Community’s feedback on the categories, format and attributes.
CDR Implementation Call in 2021
The CDR Implementation Call will recommence on the 14th of January 2021. Community members should already have the calendar entry available, if you do not please reach out to email@example.com and we will forward the invitation on.
Standards Version 1.6.0
Please be aware of the proposed changes included in version 1.6.0 of the Consumer Data Standards. You can track these on our GitHub Project page: https://github.com/orgs/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/projects/8
As part of the new promotion process for the standards you can preview the Standards with the proposed changes on the Standards-staging repository here: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards-staging
Please be aware of a number of Noting Papers available for review on the Consumer Data Standards GitHub repository:
6th Maintenance Iteration
The next Maintenance Iteration will commence in early 2021 with the plan to start in the first week of February.
A list of the current open Decision Proposals:
- Decision Proposal 144 – Amending Consent | Authorisation Flow
- Feedback Closes 22nd January 2021
- Link: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/144
- Decision Proposal 145 – Strategy for Reporting & Metrics
- Feedback Closes: 25th January 2021
- Link: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/145
- None at the moment.
- None at the moment
No new workshops for 2020.
Have a great weekend!