DSB | End of Week Wrap Up | 15th of January
Dear Consumer Data Right participants and other interested parties,
Happy Friday all, here is the end of the week update for the Consumer Data Standards.
News and Announcements
Latest Standards, Consumer Experience, tooling and Consumer Data Right announcements.
Decision Proposal 144 Extension
The closure date for consultation on Decision Proposal 144 – Amending Consent | Authorisation Flow has been extended by one week to the 1st of February 2021: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/144
Consumer Data Right Implementation Call 2021
This week we recommenced the Consumer Data Right Implementation Call for 2021 with ~157 attendees. This week on the Call we had Paul Franklin of the ACCC give an overview of the recent package of rules made on 22 December 2020 and shared some thoughts on next steps for the CDR in 2021. Thank you to everyone for their participation on the call.
Standards Version 1.6.0
Version 1.6.0 of the Consumer Data Standards is now live and you can find the changes included as part of the Change log: https://consumerdatastandardsaustralia.github.io/standards/includes/releasenotes/releasenotes.1.6.0.html#consumer-experience
Energy Standards Draft
The first draft of the Energy Standards is now available for review and feedback. The draft includes the feedback received to date and is the first cycle of the feedback process. In addition we are trailing a new method of rendering the Standards for the community and we invite feedback and insight into the new platform.
Review the draft Energy Standards: https://consumerdatastandardsaustralia.github.io/standards/draft/energy-draft.html
Submit your feedback on Decision Proposal 149: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/149
The CX Working group has now released the first iteration of the new CX Guidelines. This version contains all existing CX Standards plus revised guidelines and wireframes for the authentication flow.
CX artefacts will continue to be updated until all existing CX artefacts have been ported over from the previous PDF format. These revisions will occur in conjunction with any proposed CDR Rules changes being made.
The web-based CX artefacts can be found on our new CX Standards and Guidelines repository, which includes:
- A CX Checklist with a complete database of items referenced in the CX Guidelines, including relevant rules, data standards (CX and technical), and privacy safeguards; also available as a downloadable file.
- A CX Metrics page, which covers how the CX Working Group measures consent quality, comprehension, characteristics, and other research-related information.
- A new CX Guideline format, featuring embedded wireframes, prototypes, and open source assets (see example: Authentication)
Service Provider Directory
The Service Provider Directory is live and we are adding in the first entries for Service Providers. You can find the first iteration of the Directory here: https://cdr-support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/900001108143-Service-Provider-Directory
We invite all Service Providers who are interested in listing to reach out to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of your organisation
- Logo of your organisation
- What service(s) you provide
- URL to your website
- Description of your organisation
Please note this is feature has been formulated on feedback from the Community and the Advisory Committees, it is a first iteration and a tool we want to build with everyone’s input. We seek the Community’s feedback on the categories, format and attributes.
Decision Proposals and Noting Papers
A list of the current open Decision Proposals:
- Decision Proposal 144 – Amending Consent | Authorisation Flow
- Feedback Closes 1st February 2021
- Link: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/144
- Decision Proposal 145 – Strategy for Reporting & Metrics
- Feedback Closes: 25th January 2021
- Link: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/145
- None at the moment.
- Decision Proposal 149 – Energy Draft Feedback Cycle 1
- Feedback Closes: 12th February 2021
- Link: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/149
Please be aware of a number of Noting Papers available for review on the Consumer Data Standards GitHub repository:
Workshops and Events
Workshop planning underway – keep an eye on the CDS Events Page
CDR Implementation Call
Regularly held on a weekly basis and enables all community members access to subject matter experts from the ACCC and Data Standards Body. If you would like an invitation please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
6th Maintenance Iteration
The next Maintenance Iteration will commence in early 2021 with the plan to start in the second week of February.
Keep in touch
The Data Standards Body