Dear Consumer Data Right participants and other interested parties,
Happy Friday all, here is the end of the week and start of 2021 update for the Consumer Data Standards.
News and Announcements
Latest Standards, Consumer Experience, tooling and Consumer Data Right announcements.
Refresh to the Newsletter Format
To start the year off we have refreshed the format of the weekly newsletter with three areas of "News and Announcements", "Decision Proposals and Noting Papers" and finally "Workshops and Events". Hopefully these organise the different news pieces into logical places where you can find them at your leisure. This is a trial of the format and we welcome feedback from the community.
Standards Version 1.6.0
As the final release of 2020 version 1.6.0 of the Consumer Data Standards is now live and you can find the changes included as part of the Change log: https://consumerdatastandardsaustralia.github.io/standards/includes/releasenotes/releasenotes.1.6.0.html#consumer-experience
Java Artefacts Support for 1.6.0
To support the release of the Version 1.6.0 of the Consumer Data Standards there is NO required change to the current version of the Java Artefacts. You can find the latest version of the Java Artefacts here: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/java-artefacts
Energy Standards Draft
The first draft of the Energy Standards is now available for review and feedback. The draft includes the feedback received to date and is the first cycle of the feedback process. In addition we are trailing a new method of rendering the Standards for the community and we invite feedback and insight into the new platform.
Review the draft Energy Standards: https://consumerdatastandardsaustralia.github.io/standards/draft/energy-draft.html
Submit your feedback on Decision Proposal 149: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/149
The CX Working group has now released the first iteration of the new CX Guidelines. This version contains all existing CX Standards plus revised guidelines and wireframes for the authentication flow.
CX artefacts will continue to be updated until all existing CX artefacts have been ported over from the previous PDF format. These revisions will occur in conjunction with any proposed CDR Rules changes being made.
The web-based CX artefacts can be found on our new CX Standards and Guidelines repository, which includes:
- A CX Checklist with a complete database of items referenced in the CX Guidelines, including relevant rules, data standards (CX and technical), and privacy safeguards; also available as a downloadable file.
- A CX Metrics page, which covers how the CX Working Group measures consent quality, comprehension, characteristics, and other research-related information.
- A new CX Guideline format, featuring embedded wireframes, prototypes, and open source assets (see example: Authentication)
Service Provider Directory
The Service Provider Directory is live and we are adding in the first entries for Service Providers. You can find the first iteration of the Directory here: https://cdr-support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/900001108143-Service-Provider-Directory
We invite all Service Providers who are interested in listing to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of your organisation
- Logo of your organisation
- What service(s) you provide
- URL to your website
- Description of your organisation
Please note this is feature has been formulated on feedback from the Community and the Advisory Committees, it is a first iteration and a tool we want to build with everyone's input. We seek the Community's feedback on the categories, format and attributes.
CDR Support Portal
The Support Portal continues to grow with new articles added on a weekly basis from community sourced questions and answers. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the Portal and its contents: https://cdr-support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
You can submit questions to the portal via
- email email@example.com or
- webform: https://cdr-support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
For those new to the portal we do have a number of guides on how to setup and use your CDR Support Portal Profile:
- Signing up to the CDR Support Portal: https://cdr-support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/900003422366-Signing-up-to-the-CDR-Support-Portal
- Managing your CDR Support Portal Tickets: https://cdr-support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/900003439266-Managing-your-CDR-Support-Portal-Tickets
- Managing your Organisation's access to CDR Support Portal Tickets: https://cdr-support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/900004357943-Managing-your-Organisation-s-access-to-CDR-Support-Portal-Tickets
Decision Proposals and Noting Papers
A list of the current open Decision Proposals:
- Decision Proposal 144 - Amending Consent | Authorisation Flow
- Feedback Closes 22nd January 2021
- Link: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/144
- Decision Proposal 145 - Strategy for Reporting & Metrics
- Feedback Closes: 25th January 2021
- Link: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/145
- None at the moment.
- Decision Proposal 149 - Energy Draft Feedback Cycle 1
- Feedback Closes: 12th February 2021
- Link: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/149
Please be aware of a number of Noting Papers available for review on the Consumer Data Standards GitHub repository:
Workshops and Events
Workshop planning underway - keep an eye on the CDS Events Page
CDR Implementation Call in 2021
The CDR Implementation Call will recommence on the 14th of January 2021. Community members should already have the calendar entry available, if you do not please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward the invitation on.
6th Maintenance Iteration
The next Maintenance Iteration will commence in early 2021 with the plan to start in the first week of February.
Keep in touch
The Data Standards Body