Dear Consumer Data Right participants and other interested parties,
Happy Friday all, here is the end of the week update for the Consumer Data Standards.
News and Announcements
Latest Standards, Consumer Experience, tooling and Consumer Data Right announcements.
Consumer Data Standards 1.16.2
Version 1.16.2 of the Consumer Data Standards is being planned for today, 1st of April 2022. The latest version proposes:
- High Level Standards
- Removal of an 'exhaust port vulnerability' errata
- API End Points
- Error code 420 for GET Products and GET Product Detail: "The CDR finds your lack of CORS support disturbing" where CORS implementation is erroneous
- Consumer Experience
- Updated Consumer Experience text description for handling of Error code 404: "This is not the endpoint you are looking for."
(In the interest of minimising potential misunderstandings we feel compelled to note that the previous section, and only this section, was an April Fool's Day joke).
CDR Implementation Call for the 21st of April 2022
The Consumer Data Right Implementation Call planned on the 21st of April 2022 will be cancelled to allow both Community, the DSB, and ACCC members on the Call to take a break.
We encourage the Community to take time to recharge and relax with family and friends. The CDR Implementation Call will recommence on the next Thursday 28th of April 2022. We will update the invitations and send out cancellations for this instance.
CX artefacts - Trusted adviser disclosure consents
NewCX artefacts and guidelines to support trusted adviser disclosure consents.
Trusted Adviser (TA) disclosure consent artefacts provide implementation examples to reflect the new rules on TA disclosure consents and the CX standards introduced in v1.16.0, related to Disclosure Consent: Non-Accredited Person Disclosure Notification.
UpdatedCX Checklist (on website) includes key requirements and guidelines related to TA disclosure consents, see checklist references starting with 1CO3.
Additional 10th Maintenance Iteration meet: 6th of April 2022
An additional meeting in the series for Maintenance Iteration 10 has been scheduled for next week, Wednesday the 6th of April at 2:00PM AEST, to discuss items that we didn't get to in the last meeting (#4 30/03/2022). The issues to be discussed, in the following order, include:
- #435 Nominated representative end user for non-individual consumers
- #405 Alternative mechanisms for OTP
- #488 Data holder behaviour clarification required when receiving registrations with unsupported authorisation scopes
- #486 Allow ADRs to specify scopes for a Software Statement Assertion (SSA) to support cross industry software products
- #443 SSA definition: Deprecation of revocation_uri
- #498 New Register Authenticated APIs versions require multiple authorisation scopes
An agenda will be published before the meeting.
Please note: No Energy specific issues will be discussed in this call however Register and Infosec issues will apply to Energy participants.
The remaining issues are complex, therefore we anticipate 2 hours will be required. An invitation has been sent to Maintenance Iteration Working Group Invitees. If you'd like an invite please email email@example.com.
Decision Proposal 245 published
This week the Data Standards Body published Decision Proposal 245 Enhancing Data Recipient Accreditation Negotiation.
This proposal raises the following questions to help consider the requirements and mechanisms for Data Recipient accreditation negotiation.
- What additional information will the CDR Register require to convey the trust of different types of Data Recipients in the ecosystem?
- How can bilateral trust and accreditation be issued by Data Holders to individual Data Recipients?
- What additional capability should be investigated to address current OAuth authorisation scope negotiation limitations?
- What additional Accredited Data Recipient and associated Software Product lifecycle information should be available from the CDR Register?
Feedback closes on the 1st of May 2022
10th Maintenance Iteration
The 10th Maintenance Iteration Working Group met on the 30th of March 2022. There was a lot discussed and the meeting minutes are still being captured. Those interested in the agenda can view it here: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/wiki/DSB-Maintenance-Iteration-10:-Agenda-&-Meeting-Notes-(30-March-2022). The same link and page will be updated when the Meeting Minutes are published.
If you are wondering what the Maintenance Iteration is and the role this process plays: we have put together a short video introduction. Please see Video  Introduction to the Standards Maintenance Iteration (17/02/2022) https://youtu.be/AyJ7jEGICv0
Treasury and the Data Standards Body are seeking input on the development of rules and standards to implement the Consumer Data Right in the telecommunications sector. To support consultation and elicit informal feedback on these issues, a design paper is available for stakeholders’ consideration.
We invite all participants in the Consumer Data Right to raise queries and submit their feedback below:
GitHub Consultation: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/235
Link to key consultation documents: https://treasury.gov.au/consultation/c2022-250645
Feedback on this consultation closes on
29th of March 5th of April 2022
Next weeks To-Do
Coming up next week to keep the CDR Community on top of events, consultations closing and working groups:
- Design Paper feedback closes: 5th of April 2022
- 10th Maintenance Iteration additional meet: 6th of April 2022
- CDR Implementation Call: 7th of April 2022
Decision Proposals and Noting Papers
A list of the current open Decision Proposals:
- Normative Standards Review (2021)
- Feedback Closes: N/A
- Link: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/203
- Decision Proposal 240 - ADR Metrics
- Feedback Closes: 15th of April 2022
- Link: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/240
- Decision Proposal 245 - Enhancing Data Recipient Accreditation Negotiation
- Feedback Closes: 1st of May 2022
- Link: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards/issues/245
- None at the moment.
- None at the moment.
Please be aware of a number of Noting Papers available for review on the Consumer Data Standards GitHub repository.
- None at the moment.
Workshops and Events
Find all our events here: https://consumerdatastandards.gov.au/events/
CDR Implementation Call
Regularly held on a weekly basis and enables all community members access to subject matter experts from the ACCC and Data Standards Body. If you would like an invitation please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
The 10th Maintenance Iteration is currently underway. The working group meet on a fortnightly basis.
You can find out more about the phases and scope of the Maintenance Iterations here: https://github.com/ConsumerDataStandardsAustralia/standards-maintenance. If you would like an invite please reach out to email@example.com
Keep in touch
Sign up to our mailing list
If you would like to participate in any of our discussions or provide any feedback, you can do so via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.